Mission Endowment Fund
Proposed Format Cover Page:
- State the name of the institution, congregation, ministry team, committee or organization making the request.
- State the Grant Title, and indicate the purpose of the grant (Mission Development or Special Expression of God’s Love).
- Summarize the ministry need or opportunity the project will address, total cost of the project, and the amount requested from the Mission Endowment Grant.
- Supply the name of the payee and address to expedite processing of funded grants.
Additional Pages: (Please address the following areas using no more than two pages.)
- State the project objectives in measurable terms. Objectives are the anticipated outcomes of the project, and will be used when evaluating the project.
- State the method of implementation for the project.
Project budget Other Information: Additional support material may be provided as deemed necessary by the grant applicant.
- Current financial statements including operating budget (include sources of financial support for your organization)
- IRS tax letter for organizations not affiliated with the SC Synod or ELCA
- List of current leadership
- Commitment letters for collaborative efforts
The completed Grant Application should be mailed to: South Carolina Synod-ELCA Attention: Mission Endowment Fund 1003 Richland Street Columbia, SC 29201
Endowment Fund ApplicationThe South Carolina Synod established a Synod Mission Endowment Fund at the 2003 Synod Assembly. Initial funding for the fund came from the estate of The Rev. and Mrs. John H. Koch. This fund is intended to fund mission development within the South Carolina Synod and for special expressions of God’s love in the world.
This is Christ’s Church. There is a place for you here.
We are the church that shares a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. Liberated by our faith, we embrace you as a whole person–questions, complexities and all. Join us as we do God’s work in Christ’s name for the life of the world.
ELCA South Carolina Synod
1003 Richland Street
Columbia, SC 29201