Registration opens March 1, 2023 and will be through Eventbrite. Payment is required for completing one’s registration online. The registration fee is $150.00 per person. Once you complete your registration online, you will receive a link for lodging should you require it. There will be NO onsite registration.
- Go to scsynod.com/assembly tomorrow to find the link to register for Assembly. Registration is through Eventbrite.
- Click the link.
- Choose ticket option that pertains to you.
- Continue to scroll down and see the section “Add Ons” which will allow you to add an option to your registration if you desire.
- You can register to attend the South Carolina Lutheran Men in Mission Breakfast on Friday morning. The cost is $10 and is not included in your registration. This is your only option for registering for the breakfast and space is limited to 90 people.
- After adding the add on or not, as desired, scroll down and click on Check Out.
- Follow the prompts to register – remember you must pay at the time you register and there is no onsite registration.
- Once you complete your registration, you will see a confirmation message AND you will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite. Your confirmation email will include a link to the hotel for lodging.
We will offer a limited number of display tables at Assembly. Tables with electricity are $335 and tables without electricity are $200. Both fees include one staff person. If you will have more than one staff person manning your table, please make certain to register the additional staff as well. Space is limited so register early for a table!
If you are lodging at the Marriott for Assembly, parking is included in your hotel registration fee (through the Marriott). If you will be driving in to the Marriott each day, parking is a separate fee. The cost for each day is $10. You will get a voucher for parking that will cover the cost of parking. Please make certain to mark on your Assembly registration that you will require a voucher ONLY if you are driving in each day.
JUNE 8: PRE-ASSEMBLY
Noon – Display Table Check In and Set Up
1:00 p.m. – General Check In Opens
1:30 p.m. – Staff Meeting
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Reference and Counsel Committee (by invitation, as needed), Conduct of Elections Committee (by invitation), Orientation for Voting Members
JUNE 8: SESSION ONE
3:15 – 5:30 p.m. – I see Jesus in… unexpected places
Dinner on your own
JUNE 9: SESSION TWO
9:30 a.m.* – 1:30 p.m. – I see Jesus in…those that look, talk, act and believe differently from me
*We have a later start to allow for participation in the SCLMM Breakfast at St Paul’s
JUNE 9: LUNCH AND CELEBRATION OF 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF ORDINATION
JUNE 9: SESSION THREE
1:45 – 5:00 p.m. – I see Jesus in…our spaces
Worship with Necrology Report
JUNE 10: SESSION FOUR
8:30 a.m. – Noon – I see Jesus in…community
BOOK YOUR HOTEL
You will find the information for your online reservation link on the assembly website scsynod.com/assembly tomorrow. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask.
Start Date: Thursday, June 8, 2023
End Date: Sunday, June 11, 2023
Last Day to Book: Friday, May 19, 2023
The hotel is offering a special group rate: $145/per night
SOUTH CAROLINA LUTHERAN MEN IN MISSION BREAKFAST
South Carolina Lutheran Men in Mission are excited to offer once again the opportunity to join SCLMM for breakfast during Assembly! Breakfast will be Friday, June 9, 7:30 AM at St Paul’s, 1715 Bull Street, Columbia.
The Keynote Speaker at the breakfast will be Rev. Josh Knutson, Pastor of Two Rivers Parish (Christ Community in North Charleston and St. Michael in Moncks Corner). The program will end by 9:00 AM to give time to get to the Marriott for the morning session.
The menu: grits-gravy-biscuits-a breakfast meat-eggs-fruit-pastries-coffee-juice-milk
The cost is $10.00 per person. Space is limited to 90 people. Registration for the breakfast is done online through your Assembly registration.