The South Carolina Synod, a non-profit organization, is seeking an accountant to fill the position of Administration Assistant to the Treasurer.
This position requires a professional person with experience in bookkeeping, accounting, preparing financial statements, and using accounting software.
Some of the job description includes:
- recording offering from the members to the contribution ledger;
- sending out receipts and quarterly statements to the members;
- recording invoices from vendors to the accounts payable ledger;
- preparing checks and mailing to vendors;
- sending IRS’s form 1099 to vendors;
- reconciling bank accounts and subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger;
- maintaining the general ledger;
- preparing monthly financials statements;
- preparing payroll, and payroll tax forms.
Fund accounting and software by ACS is used by the Synod
For more job descriptions, please call Raymond Hendrix at 803-765-0590 or 803-787-4862.
Applications and resumes will be accepted through May 9 2016, at the Synod office.
South Carolina Synod
Attention: Raymond Hendrix
1003 Richland St.
Columbia, SC 29201