Elections: 2017 Synod Assembly
By Rev. Lisa Isenhower
With no ecclesiastical ballots at this year’s assembly, the elections process ran smoothly and quickly. Jean Knight led the assembly in mastering the Quizdom voting devices. Once all devices were working and equipped with fresh batteries, Pastor Mike Watson, Conduct of Elections Co-Chair, led the assembly in voting to fill 12 positions in the SC Synod.
The following were elected to serve on the SC Synod Council:
- Andrew Boozer was elected to serve as a lay male council member from the Northern area.
- Pastor Maria Miller was elected to serve as an “at large” clergy member.
- Pastor Andrew Isenhower was elected to serve as a clergy member from the Central area.
- LaTynia Taylor was elected to serve as a person of color/language other than English council member.
- Ron Redd was elected as a lay male “at large” council member.
- Kathleen Cartledge was elected to serve as a lay female “at large” council member.
- Diane Wicker, whose name was placed into nomination at the assembly on Sunday, May 21, was elected to serve another term as a female member of Synod Council.
- Rachel Mims was elected to serve as the Youth (Grades 8-11) “at large” council member.
In addition to Synod Council elections, Sig Huitt and Deb Poole were elected to serve on the Mission Endowment Fund Grant Committee. Linda Wells was elected to serve on the SC Lutheran Retreat Centers Board. Pastor Susan Crowell, who was elected by the Novus Way Board to serve as a member of that body, was ratified by the assembly for that position.