2016 Future of Faith Formation Symposium
“Families at the Center of Faith Formation”
Join us for a 3-day exploration of what it means – in vision and in practice – to make families the center of Christian faith formation. Together we will transform our perspective on the 21st century family and its critical role in communicating faith, using the best research and thinking today. We will explore 21st century practices for nurturing faith in families from childhood through emerging adulthood. We will design faith forming strategies that reflect the best research, thinking, and practices – and are suited for today’s families. And we will fashion new approaches to faith formation for congregations and other ministry settings – so that families can be at the center. Join your colleagues in creating the future of faith formation in families and bring new approaches back to your ministry setting!
Two Dates & Locations in 2016
Avon CT: September 29-October 1
Minneapolis MN: October 20-22
Register Early – Only 100 participants in each location
The program will be blend of theory and practice presentations, group discussion, strategy design, and practical application activities.
- Transforming Our Perspectives on the 21st Century Family
- Communicating Faith in Families: Insights from Research & Practice
- Nurturing Faith in Families Today from Childhood through Emerging Adulthood
- Designing Strategies for 21st Century Family Faith Formation
- Fashioning New Approaches to Family Faith Formation in Congregations & Other Ministry Settings
- The Resource Team is comprised of authors of the new Families at the Center of Faith Formation book, plus additional invited guests.
- Leif Kehrwald – author, consultant, Partner for Training at Vibrant Faith
- Gene Roehlkepartain – author, researcher, Vice President at Search Institute
- Jolene Roehlkepartain – author, Founder and President of Ideas to Ink
- John Roberto – author, consultant, trainer, LifelongFaith Associates
- Additional presenters to be announced soon.
The $310 Registration Fee includes your tuition, all five meals, and all of the preparation materials for the Symposium including a copy of the new book Families at the Center of Faith Formation (to be released by July 1, 2016).